On May 25, 2018, the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data - Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, which established the rules for the protection, treatment and free circulation of personal data of natural persons and which applies directly to all entities that process such data in any Member State of the European Union, including Portugal.
Categories of personal data collected
The new General Data Protection Regulation establishes a more comprehensive definition of the concept of personal data. A personal data is any information, regardless of its nature and the medium in which it appears, able to identify a person. Examples of categories of personal data processed by the CMTOUR:
- Platforms Data: When you visit our Web Site, we may collect data about you. Some of this data may be personal data. This information may include your search history, IP address, screen resolution, browser used, operating system and its settings, access times, and the URL you used to reach us. If you're using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your device, its settings, and its location.
- Reservation data: If you make a reservation through our Web Site, we may need additional information about you. This information may include your name, ID number, tax ID number, age, date of birth, telephone contact, email, address, payment details, credit card information, billing address.
Responsible for the treatment of your personal data
The entities responsible for processing your personal data are the CMTOUR and CodeLineStudios, owner of the platform of reservations PlanyGest.com used by this Web Site.
Purpose for treatment of your personal data
CMTOUR ensures that your personal data are processed only for the purposes communicated to you and are not used for any other purpose. Thus, we treat your personal data to guarantee the quality of the service that we provide and to be able to respond better to your needs. Some examples of purposes for which we may use your data are (non-exhaustive list):
- Direct marketing: To inform you of news, opportunities and promotions that may interest you.
- Customer Management: To send you all confirmations and / or requests for any reservation you make with us.
Basis for treatment of your personal data
Your express consent: either in writing or orally, for example for direct marketing purposes, to receive emails or SMS messages from the CMTOUR.
- The execution of a reservation or contract: which it concluded with CMTOUR, for example, a reserve acquired from the CMTOUR.
- The fulfillment of a legal obligation.
- The legitimate interest of the CMTOUR: for example, for the purpose of improving the quality of the service provided.
Situations for use of your personal data
At CMTOUR we process your personal data with your consent, when you make a purchase, when you contract a service or when you use our site. This treatment can be done orally, in writing or through our website.
Client support: If you choose to contact our customer services, we will collect any questions, complaints or other information you may send to our support team.
Promotional data: If you choose to participate in any raffle, contest or similar campaign, we will collect any information you provide in connection with such activity, such as photos, images, captions or other content, in accordance with the terms provided at that time.
When you provide us with personal information, you are informing us that they are true, current, complete and correct. You are also informing us that you are authorized to transfer them.
How we collect your personal data
- Personal data provided by you: We collect your personal data directly from you. For example, when you are providing us with your personal information when you contact us through the form of this Web Site or make a reservation, contact our customer service or participate in a contest or draw.
- Personal data that we collect passively: We also collect your personal data passively. For example, we collect data about you over time and on different websites through advertisements. We also use traceability tools such as cookies.
How long we receive your personal data
CMTOUR retains your personal data only for the period of time strictly necessary to perform the purpose for which you have collected them or, as the case may be, until you exercise your right of opposition or erasure right. After this period of conservation, the CMTOUR deletes your personal data.
To whom we transmit your personal data
Where necessary, the CMTOUR transmit your personal data to third parties - CMTOUR, for example, transport companies - solely and exclusively for the purpose of carrying out a service which it has contracted, such as moving a site to the place of service. Your personal data may also be communicated, in compliance with the law, to entities of the State, such as the Tax Authority.
Your rights to protecting personal data and how to exercise
- Right of access to information: You can obtain confirmation of your personal data processed by the CMTOUR, as well as the respective information on the purposes of the treatment or the retention periods of such data.
- Right of rectification: You can ask us to change your personal information that is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right of erasure: You can request the erasure of your personal data, as long as there are no legal requirements for its conservation.
- Right to portability: You can receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured way in a digital read-only format.
- Right of opposition: You can object or withdraw the consent you previously gave to the processing of your personal data.
- Right to limit treatment: You can request the limitation of the treatment of your personal data, in the form of: 1.Suspension of the treatment; 2.Limitation of the scope of treatment to certain categories of data or treatment purposes.
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decisions: You can ask not to be subject to any decision made solely on the basis of automatic processing. These decisions are related to the definition of consumption profiles by the CMTOUR, based on their tastes, interests and preferences, history of research and purchases, etc., in particular to provide a quality service and tailor marketing communications.
You may exercise these rights in writing using the available form LINK on our website.